Friday, January 12, 2007

Ducks in order...

When you take on a new job you expect certain things need to be in order for the company and yourself. Well among those things was having to get a checking account. I did that and the actual getting of the checking account was painless its what I had to do to qualify getting my checking account open.

First and foremost you have to have the correct State Identification to open any kind of account. That's a matter of federal law, which I understand. So being in Texas with Washington State Identification wasn't going to cut the mustard. I figured I'll just go get my Texas Drivers's License and be good to go. Well if you own a car with out of state plates (I do) you have to register that car in Texas before you can get a Texas License. Alright, as much sense as that doesn't make to me I just got a Texas State ID. I spent two and half hours at the Texas State Department of Public Safety just waiting for them to take my money, take my picture, print both my thumbs and make me sign my name. Okay done but arghh what an ordeal.

So all ducks in order for my job but I can think of better things to do.

No comments: