Thursday, March 6, 2008

Why Being Mobile is Important

There are any number of reasons I like being mobile. One among many is when I have to leave the house to take care of something quick but can't return immediately and i have to wait I can still get online, do my research and in general get business taken care of.

Today is one of those days. I had to take care of the registration on my truck but because it was out of date I had to get a ride in. Well the person who brought me to the court house had business herself and I am forced to wait on her. Since her business is taking significantly longer I have to wait on her till I can get to my truck later.

Now here I sit in Starbucks waiting for her to call me so we can meet up when she completes her business. Having a nice laptop and a internet connection (which isn't provided by Starbucks because I removed the wireless/modem card on the laptop to save baterry power) I can still work on things while I wait.

Even post my second blog entry in one day (a very rare occurance for me) because I'm also not being distracted or otherwise bothered while i do what I have to do. (Though most of it is from my sone so I don't mind to much.)

Anyway I actually did my application searches and pretty much got all the programs I wanted installed.

Tomorrow is going to be a big day for me and I hope I get the position I want. If not an old employer wants me back. Either way I'll be back to work soon.

No comments: